How Do I Pay for Graduate School?

Financial Aid Process • Payment Plans

Lowest online tuition rate in the state of Nebraska
Many M.Ed. programs reduced from 36 to 30 credit hours

Payment Options

Complete all steps below to apply for financial aid. Note: There are financial aid options that are not based on need. Most students in the off-campus programs use financial aid to pay for the program. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible to make sure that your payment arrangements are in order by the first night of class. For help, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 888-505-2863 or by email at

Financial Aid Process

How to Apply for Financial Aid


You will need your 2021 Federal Tax Return, your FSA ID (, and Concordia’s School Code (002541). Graduate students are considered independent for financial aid purposes.


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy

You will receive this form 7-10 days after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.


You will receive your financial aid award letter online from Concordia.

This letter lists your financial aid eligibility. An email notification will be sent to your CUNE.ORG email account when it is ready to view and accept online. Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about your award.


Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note

Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note are only required for first time Federal Direct Loan borrowers. Both can be completed at (you will need your PIN from Step 1).

Questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at (888) 505-2863 or email

Federal Loan Requirements

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  2. Be a S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
  3. Not be delinquent on a federal student loan
  4. Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  5. Be admitted to a Concordia University, Nebraska degree-seeking graduate program
  6. Be enrolled at least half-time each term (3 credit hours)

If you and your school qualify, this program may provide loan forgiveness for eligible Federal Stafford Loans. This is a separate program requiring separate forms and processes. The U.S. Department of Education will determine your eligibility for this program; Concordia University, Nebraska is not responsible to verify your eligibility for this program. Please do not base your enrollment on this program, as it can be difficult to ensure qualification for gov- ernment programs which are subject to reform and funding changes or limitations.

You must call 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify your eligibility or visit for more information.

Concordia is participating in the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program. The program provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who agree to serve as a full-time teacher in a high-need field for four years in a public or private elementary school, secondary school or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families. You must teach for at least four academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which you received a TEACH Grant. The terms and conditions of this teaching service obligation are explained in the TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve that you must sign before you receive a TEACH Grant. For more information on the TEACH Grant, including a list of eligible teaching programs, please visit