Program Highlights & Benefits
2 year completion time, including holiday breaks
One course completed every 8 weeks
Transfer credits considered
The Educational Technology Program is intended to prepare educators with the competencies required to improve the quality and effectiveness of instructional programs. As learners develop skills that are aligned with the national educational standards and performance indicators as set forth by International Society for Technology in Education (2012), they develop and assess the impact of technology-based learning experiences. The Master of Arts in Educational Technology enables each student to qualify for the Technology Specialist Certification for the State of Illinois by entitlement upon successful completion the program.
Concordia University Chicago’s passing rate for the ISBE Technology Specialist exam is 94%, compared to the state average which is 89%.
- Identifies the pedagogical strategies and technical skills necessary to use technology to enhance instruction and improve learning outcomes
- Provides an introduction to socio-technical implications of contemporary, online instructional practices
- Provides an understanding of how technology can be used to build learning communities
- Enables each student to qualify for the Technology Specialist Certification for the State of Illinois by entitlement upon successful completion the program
- Supplies the knowledge of how to use image-rich technology tools and curriculum to enhance instruction
- Gives an understanding of how to use technology for data-driven decision making
- Provides an overview of trends in educational technology
- Offers an understanding of educational technology leadership
- Strengthens the understanding of technical hardware and software issues encompassed within emerging trends of the industry
Areas of Study
|EDT 6010||Integrating Technology Across the Curriculum*||3|
|EDT 6030||Using Technology to Build Learning Communities*||3|
|EDT 6040||Visual Literacy in the Classroom*||3|
|EDT 6050||Technology for Effective Decision Making in Teaching & Learning*||3|
|EDT 6210||Theoretical, Ethical, and Practical Foundations of Educational Technology*||3|
|EDT 6205||Educational Technology Hardware and Software*||3|
|EDT 6065||Emerging Technology Trends, Professional Learning, and Evaluation*||3|
|EDT 6070||Educational Technology Leadership*||3|
|RES 6600||Research in Education||3|
|EDT 6080||Applied Project in Educational Technology (Capstone Course)||3|
|Total Credit Hours:||30|
NOTE: This is only an introduction of the program. You are responsible to review the Graduate Catalog for program details.
Asterisk (*) courses represent the courses required for the Technology Specialist Endorsement only.