Concordia University Chicago’s Ohio Teacher Leader Endorsement program is designed for those classroom teachers who are interested in increasing their job responsibilities and assuming leadership roles within their schools and districts. This endorsement is granted on an existing master’s degree and is designed for active teachers who are not interested in becoming a Principal. Rather, graduate candidates aim for leadership roles in a variety of capacities, such as Department Chairs, Instructional Coaches, Curriculum Coordinators, Mentor Teachers, Community Liaisons, in addition to other leadership positions.
Concordia’s Ohio Teacher Leader Endorsement program will enable graduate candidates to:
- Develop a leadership style to fit diverse populations, situations, and settings
- Gain knowledge of leadership frameworks and models of shared governance and to understand and use teacher evaluation models
- Become skilled in building and leading effective teams; including team formation, dynamics, management, and growth
- Become a self-assured and effective instructional coach taking a mentoring/teaming approach in improvement of classroom instruction
- Improve instruction through multiple uses of building and district student data; research-based instructional models; and collaboration with colleagues
- Understand and serve diverse learners’ educational needs (including students with IEP, ELL, underrepresented, gifted, and at-risk students)
- Serve as a facilitator of change within a school and engage in planning and management of tasks to support change and implement planned initiatives
- Work with families, colleagues, building/district leadership, and the larger school community for increased student performance
- Master’s Degree with at least a 3.00 GPA
- 2 years teaching experience with 4 years total teaching experience at the time of application for Ohio Teacher Leader endorsement
- Copy of current Ohio teaching license (Program is limited to educators who possess a professional teaching license or professional or permanent teaching certificate.)
- Objective Statement essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official sealed academic transcripts from institutions where degrees were earned
Areas of Study
|EDL 6725||Building Collaborative Relationships|
|EDL 6988||Ohio Teacher Leader Practicum|
|EDL 6140||Curriculum and Assessment: Framework for Student Learning|
|EDL 6530||Instructional Coaching and Mentoring|
|Total Credit Hours: 12|
Courses are subject to administrative review and change at any time
The special per credit hour cohort tuition is $425 for Teacher Leader Endorsement. This rate is guaranteed not to increase over the life of the cohort. In addition, a technology fee of $15 per credit hour ($45 per 3 credit course) will be assessed for the purpose of supporting and enhancing student learning (Concordia e-mail, Blackboard, text notifications). The graduation fee will be assessed. We reserve the right to offer different tuition rates, or change the prices of other programs.
Once all materials are submitted and your file is complete, the following steps will be taken:
- Your file will be reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee.
- An admission decision will be reached immediately following the committee review, and you will be notified in writing within a few days.
NOTE: Admission to Concordia University Chicago depends on several factors, including: the cumulative GPA, program fit, professional experience, letters of recommendation, and an objective statement (critical writing sample).
Applicants may enroll in one semester of classes as a “pending” student awaiting an admission decision. Please note that participation and enrollment in the cohort does not guarantee admission to the University. Pending students who are denied admission will not be automatically withdrawn from the class, and will not receive a tuition refund. Pending students are not eligible for financial aid, therefore, please complete the admission process and submit official transcripts by the beginning of the semester for full admission to the graduate cohort program.
The Office of Graduate Admission and Enrollment Services will send a letter upon receipt of your application, and non-refundable $60.00 application fee (includes 1-year Associate Membership in OAESA). If you have any questions regarding your admission status, please feel free to contact us at:
Office of Graduate Admission and Enrollment Services
|Cohort Information||Graduate Information Office||800-946-9608|
|Payment Plan||Office of Student Business Services||708-209-3237|
This is only an introduction of the program. You are responsible to review the Graduate Catalog for program details.