Program Highlights & Benefits
100% online program
Computer Help Desk is available for tech support
Professors and Advisors readily available
Accessible interaction with classmates
Earn Your Superintendent Licensure Only
The Superintendent Licensure Only program enables the candidate with an earned graduate level degree and administrative experience to complete coursework requirements for the Ohio Superintendent licensure. This program will allow a candidate to take only those courses needed for superintendent licensure with a completion time of just one year.
Licensure Program Highlights
- Approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education
- ONLY 15 credit hours (includes internship)
- 1 year completion time
Areas of Study
|EDL 7100||The Superintendency||3|
|EDL 7210||Policy Analysis||3|
|EDL 7220||Human Resource Administration and Bargaining||3|
|EDL 7230||Educational Finance||3|
|EDL 7891||Internship: Superintendent||3|
|Total Credit Hours:||15|
The special per credit hour tuition is $525 for the Superintendent Licensure Only program. This rate is guaranteed not to increase over the life of the cohort. A technology fee of $15 per credit hour ($45 per 3 credit course) will be assessed for the purpose of supporting and enhancing student learning (Concordia e-mail, Blackboard, text notifications). There is a graduation fee of $143. We reserve the right to offer different tuition rates, or change the prices of other programs.
- A Master’s Degree with at least a 3.00 GPA
- Two years of successful administrative experience as verified by a school district; three years of administrative experience by the time of application for licensure
- Objective statement essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official sealed academic transcripts from institutions where degrees were earned
- Submission of professional resume
- Copy of both the current Ohio teaching license and the administrative (principal or admin. specialist) license
Once all materials are submitted and your file is complete, the following steps will be taken:
- Your file will be reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee.
- An admission decision will be reached immediately following the committee review, and you will be notified in writing within a few days.
NOTE: Admission to Concordia University Chicago depends on several factors, including: the cumulative GPA, program fit, professional experience, letters of recommendation, and an objective statement (critical writing sample).
Applicants may enroll in one semester of classes as a “pending” student awaiting an admission decision. Please note that participation and enrollment in the cohort does not guarantee admission to the University. Pending students who are denied admission will not be automatically withdrawn from the class, and will not receive a tuition refund. Pending students are not eligible for financial aid, therefore, please complete the admission process and submit official transcripts by the beginning of the semester for full admission to the graduate cohort program.
The Office of Graduate Admission and Enrollment Services will send a letter upon receipt of your application, and non-refundable $60.00 application fee (includes 1-year Associate Membership in OAESA). If you have any questions regarding your admission status, please feel free to contact us at:
Office of Graduate Admission and Enrollment Services
|Cohort Information||Graduate Information Office||800-946-9608|
|Payment Plan||Office of Student Business Services||708-209-3237|
This is only an introduction of the program. You are responsible to review the Graduate Catalog for program details.