How Do I Pay for Graduate School?

Financial Aid Process • Payment Plans

Get started today to reserve your seat for Spring, Summer, or Fall!
Join us at an online info session - learn more about the programs and have your $60 application fee waived!
Looking to accelerate your completion time? Call or email us today to learn more!
Stay in the Know! – Now Hosting 1-on-1 ZOOM Sessions!
Ohio Licensures and Endorsements • CAEP-Accredited
You’re Hired! Students get special access to the latest postings throughout Ohio

Payment Options

We know that paying for your graduate degree is an important factor when choosing a school. Contact the Graduate Information Office to talk more about the key factors to consider – or, read on to learn about the different ways you can finance your graduate degree.

Financial Aid Process

Applying for Financial Aid

Graduate students enrolled in Concordia University Chicago’s Master’s Programs are eligible to participate in the Federal Stafford Loan program.

Complete all steps below to apply for financial aid. Note: There are financial aid options that are not based on need. Most students in the off-campus programs use financial aid to pay for the program. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible to make sure that your payment arrangements are in order by the start of class. For help, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (877) 266-7331.


Students beginning in SP22 should submit the 2021-2022 form. You will need your 2019 Federal Tax Return.

Students beginning in the SU22 term should submit the 2021-2022 form; you will need your 2019 Federal Tax Return.

Students beginning in the FA22 term should submit the 2022-2023 form; you will need your 2020 Federal Tax Return. 

All students will need your FSA ID ( and Concordia University Chicago’s School Code (001666). Graduate students are considered independent for financial aid purposes.


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy

You will receive this form 7-10 days after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.


You will receive your financial aid award letter from Concordia University Chicago

This lists the financial aid that you qualify for. If you wish to decline all or a portion of the award, notify the Financial Aid Office in writing. Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about your award.


Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note

Entrance Counseling is only required for first time Federal Direct Loan borrowers; all borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note. Both can be completed at (you will need your FSA ID from Step 1).

To be eligible to borrow funds under the Federal Direct Loan Program, you must:

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  2. Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident

  3. Not be in default on prior educational loans

  4. Maintain satisfactory academic progress

Questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at (877) 266-7331.

If you and your school qualify, this program may provide loan forgiveness for eligible Federal Direct Loans. This is a separate program requiring separate forms and processes. The U.S. Department of Education will determine your eligibility for this program; Concordia University Chicago is not responsible to verify your eligibility for this program. Please do not base your enrollment on this program, as it can be difficult to ensure qualification for government programs which are subject to reform and funding changes.

You must call 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify your eligibility or visit for more information.