Student Application Checklist

For Master's of Education Programs

Take Advantage of online courses - classes begin in August
No GRE or MAT test required for Ed.D. candidates
Format and course schedule designed for working educators

Thank you for your interest in Gardner-Webb University's master’s degree programs.

To reserve your seat in a cohort, simply submit your application below and follow the remaining steps.

Application for Graduate Admission

Complete and submit the cohort application by clicking the button.


Graduate Cohort Registration Form

Complete the graduate cohort registration form by clicking the button.


Application Fee

Please click the button to submit your non-refundable $40 application fee. This button will take you directly to a secure online payment form.

Once your seat has been reserved, follow the remaining steps to complete your admissions file:


Financial Aid & Payment Options

Determine how you plan to pay for the program: Financial Aid or Pay-As-You-Go.

If using Financial Aid, Complete the FAFSA online. It is in your best interest to complete the financial aid process as early as possible.

If using a Pay-As-You-Go plan, click the button for more information.


Official Transcripts

For Master’s program candidates, Gardner-Webb University requires an official transcript of all previous academic work beyond high school from each institution you attended or earned credit from. The Privacy Act requires that each student request in writing that transcripts be released to the Graduate School Admissions Office. For further instructions, please click the button.

Students applying for the School Administration Add-On Licensure Program must submit all master’s-level official transcripts, including any past graduate credits.


Copy of Current Teacher’s License

Proof of a current “A” level North Carolina teacher’s license or the equivalent is required for admission. A copy of your license is typically available in your personnel file with your school or district.

If you prefer, you can have a copy of your teaching license faxed to (800) 504-7618 or mailed to:

Gardner-Webb University
Graduate School Admissions Office

P.O. Box 1896
Boiling Springs, NC 28017

*If you are a licensed educator in South Carolina, you must submit an out-of-state/online-program approval form to the SC Department of Education and provide a copy of the letter of approval you receive from SCDOE in order for Gardner-Webb to recommend you for licensure in SC.


Three Professional Reference Forms

The easiest and fastest way to request a recommendation is to use our online system. This allows us to e-mail reference forms directly to your recommender on your behalf. If you prefer to use the traditional paper forms, see page 10 of the Student Information Packet. At least one reference must be completed by a current administrative school supervisor. Personal references are not accepted.


Additional Work Experience Form

If you have had held more than one teaching position in the past 5 years, please submit this form detailing your past work experience.


Standardized Exam Score

Please submit either a copy of your scores from the Praxis II Subject Assessment or a copy of your NTE certificate. If neither of these are available, please arrange for submission of official scores of the MAT or GRE. Copies of your Praxis II scores are typically available in your personnel file with your school or district.


Internship Supervision Form

Candidates for the MSA- 20 month and MSA- 12 month programs are required to submit the Internship Supervisor Form. M.A. Teacher Leadership in Curriculum & Instruction and M.A. Instructional Technology candidates will not have to submit this form until the 3rd semester in the program.