How Do I Pay for Graduate School?

Financial Aid Process • Payment Plans

Now Accepting Applications for August
New Program - Educational Leadership Offered As M.Ed./Ed. S./ Certification Only

Payment Options

We know that paying for your graduate degree is an important factor when choosing a university. Contact the Graduate Information Office to talk more about the key factors to consider – or, read on to learn about the different ways you can finance your graduate degree.

Financial Aid Process

Applying for Financial Aid

Complete all steps below to apply for financial aid. Note: There are financial aid options that are not based on need. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible, as your payment arrangements must be in order by the Friday before your first class begins. Please note: Students who are not enrolled in a degree program will not be eligible for financial aid. For assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (229) 584-2460.


Students must submit the 2023-2024 form. You will need your 2021 Federal Tax Returns, your Federal Student Aid ID – FSA ID and Thomas University’s School Code (001555). Graduate students are considered independent for financial aid purposes.


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy

You will receive this form 7-10 days after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.


You will receive your financial aid award letter from Thomas once you have been fully admitted.

Conditionally admitted students will need to submit all required documents to receive full acceptance. The award letter lists all financial aid for which you qualify. If you wish to decline all or a portion of the award, you may do so via Hawklink. Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office at (229) 584-2460 if you have questions about your award.


IMPORTANT: Log in to your Student Portal and accept or decline your award and provide any additional paperwork needed to complete your file.


Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note

Entrance Counseling is required for Federal Direct Loan borrowers; all borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note. Both can be completed at (you will need your FSA ID from Step 1).

Federal Loan Requirements

To be eligible to borrow funds under the Federal Direct Loan Program, you must:

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  2. Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident

  3. Not be in default on prior educational loans

  4. Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking course of study

  5. Maintain satisfactory academic progress

Questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at (229) 584-2460 or email

Thomas University offers Payment Plans for the cost of your tuition and fees through the Office of Student Accounts. A payment plan allows you to spread your tuition payments over a period of several months each semester. No interest charges apply so long as your payments are made on time. Payment plans must be in place with both the payment plan application and first payment submitted to the Office of Student Accounts before the 1st day of class.

How to Enroll in a Payment Plan:

  1. Visit the office of Student Accounts website for payment schedules and details.
  2. Contact the Office of Student Accounts at 229-584-2461 or email to arrange payments.
  3. Make Payments according to your chosen payment schedule. Several payment options are available to you:
  • Pay online by clicking “My Ledger” in Hawklink/the student portal
  • Pay in person
  • Pay by phone by calling 229-584-2461

If you and your school qualify, this program may provide loan forgiveness for eligible Federal Direct Loans. This is a separate program requiring separate forms and processes. The U.S. Department of Education will determine your eligibility for this program; Thomas University is not responsible to verify your eligibility for this program. Please do not base your enrollment on this program, as it can be difficult to ensure qualification for government programs which are subject to reform and funding changes.

You must call 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify your eligibility or visit for more information.

The TEACH Grant program provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to teach in a high need field and will commit to work as an educator in a low-income area. A minimum GPA of 3.25 is required. Thomas University is approved to participate in the TEACH grant, however, the determination of whether your position when your finish the program will qualify for the program is determined by your school district based on the federal government guidelines.

For more information, please visit

Questions? Contact the Office of Student Accounts at 229-584-2461 or email

Important Notes:

  • The repayment example set forth above is for illustrative purposes only and was calculated based on a standard amortization Federal Direct Loans assuming a loan amount of $17,292 a payment term of 10 years, and a fixed interest rate equal to 6.54%. Loan amount of $17,292 is based on the total tuition price for the Master of Education or Education Specialist degree for the 2023-2024 school year. Your total loan amount may vary based on program selection. The loan calculator used in this example is available at It is your responsibility to verify your eligibility by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at All loans are subject to federal student aid guidelines. The actual interest rate may change periodically based on federal regulations. If you elect to defer payments until graduation, loan interest may accrue during deferment.

  • If you are using financial aid to pay for tuition, you must be enrolled and fully admitted to the program of your choice before your student loan funds can be released. You may be required to make payments until your financial aid funds are released.
  • We will work with students who receive tuition reimbursement from their employers. Contact the Office of Student Accounts at 229-584-2461
    or with your employer information so it may be determined if a reimbursement can be accommodated.
  • Endorsement Only programs are non-degree earning programs and do not qualify for financial aid.