How Do I Pay for Graduate School?

Financial Aid Process • Payment Plans

Apply Today to Reserve Your Seat for the August Term!
No application fee for online graduate education cohort students!

Payment Options

We know that paying for your graduate degree is an important factor when choosing a school. Contact the Graduate Information Office to talk more about the key factors to consider – or, read on to learn about the different ways you can finance your graduate degree.

Financial Aid Process

Applying for Financial Aid

Complete all steps below to apply for financial aid. Note: There are financial aid options that are not based on need. Most students in our online programs use financial aid to pay for their program. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible to make sure that your payment arrangements are in order by the first night of class. For help, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (412) 392-3930.


Students should submit the 2023-2024 form. You will need your 2021 Federal Tax Return, and your FSA ID ( and Point Park University’s School Code (003357). Graduate students are considered independent for financial aid purposes.


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy

You will receive this form 7-10 days after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.


Log in to PointWeb to view your financial aid award from Point Park once you have been academically admitted.

This lists the financial aid that you qualify for. If you wish to decline all or a portion of the award, notify the Financial Aid Office in writing. Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about your award.


Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note

Entrance Counseling is only required for first time Federal Direct Loan borrowers; all borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note. Both can be completed at (you will need your FSA ID from Step 1). 

Questions? Contact the Financial Aid Office at (412) 392-3930 or

Federal Loan Requirements

To be eligible to borrow funds under the Federal Direct Loan Program, you must:

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  2. Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident

  3. Not be in default on prior educational loans

  4. Maintain satisfactory academic progress

Point Park University offers interest-free payment plan options. These payment options help to make your graduate degree more affordable by dividing your balances evenly over several months.

How to Enroll in a Payment Plan:

  1. Login to your PointWeb account at
    You will not be able to sign up for a payment plan until you have been registered for courses. Click on the “Students” Tab and then click “Student Accounts” located on the left to view your current statement.
  2. Select a Payment Plan.
    From the “Student Accounts” section, go to “Forms” and select either “Annual” or “Semester” payment plan. Students starting a hybrid cohort in the fall can choose either an Annual or Semester payment plan. An Annual plan divides a student’s total balance for the fall and spring semesters into 10, 9, or 8 monthly payments. A fall semester plan divides a student’s fall semester balance into 5 or 4 monthly payments. Cohort students starting in the spring can choose to divide their spring semester balance into 4 monthly payments. Students enrolled in fully online programs have the option to enroll in a term payment plan that divides each 8-week course into two monthly payments.
  3. Submit your Online Enrollment Form with Electronic Signature.
    When your online form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail confirming that your request has been sent to the Office of Student Accounts. You will also receive a calculated payment plan worksheet via your Point Park e-mail and mailing address on file. To complete your enrollment in the payment plan, you will make your first payment, including a one-time non-refundable enrollment fee.

For more payment plan details, please visit our payment plan page and scroll down to “Fully-Online Programs.”

Questions? Contact the Office of Student Accounts at (412) 392-3424 or

If you and your school qualify, this program may provide loan forgiveness for eligible Federal Direct Loans. This is a separate program requiring separate forms and processes. The U.S. Department of Education will determine your eligibility for this program; Point Park University is not responsible to verify your eligibility for this program. Please do not base your enrollment on this program, as it can be difficult to ensure qualification for government programs which are subject to reform and funding changes

You must call 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify your eligibility or visit for an application.

The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides up to $4,000 a year in grant assistance to students who are completing coursework towards certain high-need fields. In order to be eligible for a grant, a student must submit a FAFSA form and sign an Agreement to Serve as a full-time teacher at certain low-income schools and within certain high-need fields for at least four academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which the candidate received a grant. The U.S. Department of Education and Student Financial Services Office will determine your eligibility for this program. The TEACH Grant converts to an unsubsidized Direct Loan if the student fails to complete any part of his or her obligation. This loan, plus interest, must be repaid.

For more information, visit

Important Notes:

  • If your tuition will be reimbursed by your employer, Point Park is pleased to offer you deferred payments. Please note the amount deferred is limited to the amount reimbursed by your employer. For deferred payment schedule and more information, please visit our Employer Deferred Tuition Agreement.
  • If you are using financial aid to pay for tuition, you must be enrolled and fully admitted to the program of your choice before your student loan funds can be released. You may be required to make payments until your financial aid funds are released.