How Do I Pay for Graduate School?

Financial Aid Process • Payment Plans

Fall ‘22 Enrollment Now Open!
23% Tuition Discount for Graduate Education and Endorsement Programs
Convenient Online Formats
Simple and streamlined admissions process – Apply Today!
Do you have questions about our programs? Let us help you – Inquire today!

Payment Options

We know that paying for your graduate degree is an important factor when choosing a school. Contact the Graduate Information Office to talk more about the key factors to consider – or, read on to learn about the different ways you can finance your graduate degree.

Financial Aid Process

Applying for Financial Aid

Complete all steps below to apply for financial aid. Note: The student loans available for this program are not based on financial need. Most students use financial aid to pay for the program. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible to make sure that your payment arrangements are in order by the first day of class. For help, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (515)-263-2853.


You will need your 2021 Federal Tax Return, your FSA ID ( and Grand View University’s School Code (001867). 


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy

You will receive an email confirmation after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.


Once admitted to Grand View, you will receive an email notification that your financial aid award is ready to view via your Grand View University e-mail account.

The E-Award lists the financial aid that you are eligible to receive. You will have an opportunity to accept or decline all or a portion of the award. Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.


Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note

Entrance Counseling is only required for first time Federal Direct Loan borrowers; all borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note. Both can be completed at (you will need your FSA ID from Step 1).

Students Receiving Financial Aid

Federal Loan Requirements

To be eligible to borrow funds under the Federal Direct Loan Program, you must:

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  2. Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
  3. Not be in default on prior educational loans
  4. Maintain satisfactory academic progress

Questions? Contact Sarah Freestone in the Financial Planning Office at (515) 263-2853 or

Federal Student Loans are also available for graduate students.

NOTICE: Your tuition will be due the Friday before your classes begin. If you do not have financial aid in place, you may have to make payments until your student loans are fully processed.

You may pay your account by check, credit card, or in cash in person at the Business Office; online by credit card or check or via phone by credit card or check. Checks may be mailed to: Grand View University, Attn: Business Office, 1200 Grandview Avenue, Des Moines, IA  50316-1599

Credit card payments may also be made via telephone at the Business Office (515-263-2807). We are able to accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.  A service fee of 2.35% is charged to all credit or debit card transactions.

If you and your school qualify, this program may provide loan forgiveness for eligible Federal Direct Loans. This is a separate program requiring separate forms and processes. The U.S. Department of Education will determine your eligibility for this program. Grand View University is not responsible to verify your eligibility for this or any other program. Please do not base your enrollment on this program as it can be difficult to ensure qualification for Government Programs, which are subject to reform and funding changes.

You must call 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify your eligibility or visit for more information.

The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides up to $4,000 a year in grant assistance to students who are completing coursework towards certain high-need fields. In order to be eligible for a grant, a student must submit a FAFSA form and sign an Agreement to Serve as a full-time teacher at certain low-income schools and within certain high-need fields for at least four academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which the candidate received a grant. The U.S. Department of Education and Student Financial Services Office will determine your eligibility for this program. The TEACH Grant converts to an unsubsidized Direct Loan if the student fails to complete any part of his or her obligation. This loan, plus interest, must be repaid.

Graduate students in the Master’s of Education program may be eligible for the Jacobson Fellowship, a scholarship of $400 per semester for a student is enrolled in 3 credits or $800 for a student is enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester. Recipients must be accepted into the program, have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 and must be nominated/recommended by a school administrator. Renewal for a second year requires a 3.0 GPA in the master’s program. The nomination deadline is May 1. Submit an online nomination form.