We know that paying for your graduate degree is an important factor when choosing a school. Contact the Graduate Information Office to talk more about the key factors to consider – or, read on to learn about the different ways you can finance your graduate degree.
Financial Aid Process
Applying for Financial Aid
- Submit online at: www.fafsa.gov.
- Be sure to add Goucher College to your list of schools. Our school code is 002073.
- The 2022-2023 FAFSA uses 2020 tax return information. Please use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) if you are eligible.
Submit Goucher’s “Graduate Student Expected Enrollment” form
New students need to activate their account in the financial aid web portal called Net Partner
- You need to be accepted into a degree program and have been issued your 9-digit Goucher ID number by the graduate office before you can activate your Net Partner.
- See “First Time Users” steps here:https://www.goucher.edu/financial-aid/net-partner/
- Once financial aid is packaged, you will receive an e-mail to accept aid in Net Partner.
- Additional steps may be needed depending on the type of aid accepted.
New students should begin using their Goucher e-mail when it becomes available
- All important financial aid and billing notifications are sent only to your secure Goucher e-mail.
General Processing Timeline:
- It normally takes about 4 business days for Goucher to receive a FAFSA electronically.
- A valid FAFSA and expected enrollment form need to be on file before processing can begin.
- Please allow 10-15 business days after confirming your FAFSA and expected enrollment form have been received for an e-mail with next steps.
- Federal Student Loans – Direct Unsubsidized or Graduate PLUS loans
- Requires at least half-time (4.5 credits) enrollment.
- For more information, see: https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized
- Loan Repayment information: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/repayment/plans
- Federal TEACH Grant (MAT Programs only)
- Service obligation is required, and grant will need to be repaid as a loan if the service obligation is not met within a certain time frame.
- Maryland State Aid (for Maryland residents who are eligible)
- Requires submitting the FAFSA by March 1st each year.
- Private Outside Scholarships
- Private Outside Loans
For more information please contact the Financial Aid Office at (410) 337-6141 or email@example.com.
Make your tuition payment online!
Make a secure real-time online payment to Goucher College using CashNet, our WebPay service.
Goucher offers monthly payment plan through Cashnet. They offer annual plans (plans covering the cost of Fall and Spring tuition and charges) and semester only plans (just covering Fall or Spring tuition and charges).
To enroll in one of these plans go to www.goucher.edu/paymentplans. For any questions regarding the online plan enrollment, you can call 1-877-821-0625.
Payments for these plans are due to Cashnet, not to Goucher, and are interest free. Your Goucher statement will show a payment/credit for the entire amount of your semester plan amount, even though you won’t have paid that entire amount yet. All plan enrollments must be submitted online.
Graduate Annual plans – $55 Enrollment fee
9 month plan starts July 20th
8 month plan starts August 20th
7 month plan starts September 20th
Graduate Semester Only plans – $35 Enrollment fee
5 month plan starts July 1st (Fall Semester), December 1st (Spring Semester)
4 month plan starts August 1st (Fall Semester), January 1st (Spring Semester)
3 month plan starts September 1st (Fall Semester), February 1st (Spring Semester)