Program Highlights & Benefits
Design high quality instruction, including authentic and meaningful student assessments
Analyze student performance and growth data and to use this data to improve instruction and practice
Teach all students through instructional practices that establish high expectations, a safe and effective classroom environment, and cultural proficiency
Educators seeking an initial license in Special Education Deaf and Hard of Hearing (PreK-12)
What You Learn
- Demonstrate how to apply knowledge of child and adolescent development and the specific needs of DHH students.
- Design high quality instruction, including authentic and meaningful student assessments.
- Analyze student performance and growth data with a focus on individualized goals and use data to improve instruction.
- Choose appropriate instructional practices that establish high expectations and a safe and effective classroom environment.
- Promote student learning and growth through outreach and collaboration with families, caregivers, community members, and organizations.
- Establish and refine an ethical, culturally proficient (inclusive of Deaf culture), skilled, and collaborative practice.
How You Learn
Online courses, around your schedule
Upon completion of the program, students will receive their Master’s in Education, and will be eligible for initial licensure in Deaf and Hard of Hearing (All Levels).
|DHH 500||Communication & Language for DHH Students||3|
|DHH 505||Deaf History & Culture||3|
|DHH 510||Curriculum Development for DHH Students||3|
|DHH 515||Speech, Hearing Science, & Technology for DHH Students||3|
|DHH 520||Child Development – Hearing and Deaf Children||3|
|DHH 525||Early Language Acquisition & Intervention||3|
|DHH 530||Literacy Instruction and Assessment for DHH Students||3|
|DHH 540||Content-Area Instruction and Assessment for DHH Students||3|
|DHH 550||Curriculum and Assessment in Practice||3|
|DHH 560||Practicum in Teaching Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students||3|
|DHH 565||Reflective Seminar||3|
|DHH 570||ASL Practicum I||3|
|DHH 571 OR DHH 575||ASL Practicum II OR Deaf and Hard of Hearing Learners with Additional Disabilities (Deaf Plus)||3|
|EDN 530 OR EDN 575||Sheltered English Immersion OR Data Literacy||3|
|SPE 505||Inclusive Education||3|
|SPE 575||Family Engagement in Special Education||3|
This is not an official schedule and your cohort may take these courses in a different order.