How Do I Pay for Graduate School?

Financial Aid Process • Payment Plans

Covid-19 Update- Concordia University Texas is still serving students and welcoming new learners
Take advantage of fully online courses - Classes begin in May and August
Join us for an ONLINE information session. RSVP Today

Payment Options

We know that paying for your graduate degree is an important factor when choosing a school. Contact the Graduate Information Team to talk more about the key factors to consider – or, read on to learn about the different ways you can finance your graduate degree.

Financial Aid Process

Complete all steps below to apply for financial aid. Note: There are financial aid options that are not based on need. Most students in our programs use financial aid to pay for the program. We recommend that you complete these steps as soon as possible to make sure that your payment arrangements are in order by the first night of class. If you will be applying for financial aid, all items must be completed prior to enrollment. Once you are admitted to the program, your Graduate Enrollment Specialist will walk you through your financial aid and payment options. For help, please contact the Graduate Enrollment Team at (512) 313-4CTX.


Summer 2021 (May) applicants will submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA. You will need your 2018 Federal Tax Return. Fall 2021 (August) applicants will submit the 2021-2022 FAFSA. You will need your 2019 Federal Tax Return. All students will also need your FSA ID (, and Concordia University Texas’s School Code (003557). Graduate students are considered independent for financial aid purposes.


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy

You will receive this form 7-10 days after the FAFSA is submitted. If there are any errors on your SAR, log back into your FAFSA to make corrections.


Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note

Entrance Counseling is only required for first time Federal Direct Loan borrowers; all borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note. Both can be completed at (you will need your FSA ID from Step 1).


You will receive your financial aid award letter from Concordia University Texas via your Student MyInfo Portal.

Review and accept or decline your award using your MyInfo account. Be sure to contact your Graduate Enrollment Specialist if you have any questions about your award.If you wish to decline all or a portion of the award, notify the Financial Aid Office through your MyInfo student Account. 

Federal Loan Requirements

To be eligible to borrow funds under the Federal Direct Loan Program, you must:

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  2. Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident

  3. Not be in default on prior educational loans

  4. Maintain satisfactory academic progress

  5. Be accepted and enrolled in a degree program*

NOTE: Provided you have completed all financial aid paperwork in a timely manner, Concordia University Texas will generally receive your financial aid funds after the start of your first course each semester. We will apply those funds towards any outstanding charges for the term, and if there is a credit balance (money left over), we will then issue a refund to you. The Accounting Office has two weeks to process refunds for students after Concordia University Texas receives the funds.

Student financial aid is reviewed and determined based on current and former financial aid.  While most students may qualify for financial aid, some may not if they have outstanding student loans, or have limited funding due to former loan amounts.

Questions? Contact the Graduate Enrollment Team at (512) 313-4CTX.

Below are the options for payment should your financial aid not cover the cost of your program. Payment in full must be made or a payment plan established two weeks prior to the start of the term.

How to Enroll in a Payment Plan

  1. Payment Plan – Semester payment plans are available via Nelnet which you will enroll through your MyInfo account. Depending on when you set up your plan determines if you get a 6, 5, or 4 month plan and it is automatically withdrawn on the 1st or 15th of every month.

  2. Payment per Courses – When paying in full per course, payment is required 2 weeks prior to the start of the term.

    1. Pay Online – You can pay your tuition via credit card, debit card, checking or savings account 24 hours, 7 days per week via the make a payment link under the student tab in your MyInfo account.

    2. Pay by Mail – Mail your payments to:

      Concordia University Texas
      ATTN: Accounting Office
      11400 Concordia University Drive
      Austin, Texas 78726

      (Payment must reach the Accounting Office no later than two weeks prior to the start of the term.)

The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides up to $4,000 a year in grant assistance to students who are completing coursework towards certain high-need fields. In order to be eligible for a grant, a student must submit a FAFSA, sign an Agreement to Serve as a full-time teacher at certain low-income schools and within certain high-need fields for at least four academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which the candidate received a grant. Concordia University Texas certifies your eligibility for the TEACH Grant. The TEACH Grant converts to an unsubsidized Direct Loan if the student fails to fulfill any part of his or her obligation. This loan, plus interest, must be repaid.

If you and your school qualify, this program may provide loan forgiveness for eligible Federal Direct Loans. This is a separate program requiring separate forms and processes. Concordia University Texas is not responsible to verify your eligibility for this program. Please do not base your enrollment on this program, as it can be difficult to ensure qualification for government programs which are subject to reform and funding changes.

You must call 1-800-4-FED-AID to verify your eligibility or visit for more information.

Questions? Contact the Graduate Enrollment Team at (512) 313-4CTX.


The University does not accept tuition reimbursement as a method of payment. If a student has tuition reimbursement that does not delay billing for courses. Students will need to be reimbursed by their employer.