Off-Campus Education Master's Programs
One Night Per Week or Online • 4 Area Locations
Call (800) 946-9863 or email
Graduate Information Office
You have just taken the first step toward obtaining your Master's Degree at Buena Vista University, one of the most popular cohort programs in Iowa.
I am committed to helping you through the application process. I can be reached at (800) 946-9863 or email@example.com Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it is my job to help you in any way that I can.
By clicking the NEXT button below, you will be taken to our Student Information Packet. This link contains detailed information about the programs including our step-by-step admission process, program requirements, and course descriptions.
You are now ready to start the application process. Please keep in mind I am here to help you, feel free to call or email with any questions you may have.
Welcome to Buena Vista University!
Financial Aid & Pay-As-You-Go Plans
There are 2 ways to pay for Buena Vista University’s cohort Master’s Programs; Financial Aid or a "Pay-As-You-Go Plan.”
My team and I are here to help you with this. This part of the process can often be confusing for students. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding this. I can be reached at (800) 946-9863.
The majority of our students use financial aid to pay for the program. While many students mistakenly think that they won’t qualify for financial aid, there are Stafford Loans available that are not based on need.
I have included step by step directions below regarding applying for financial aid and how to enroll in a pay-as-you-go plan.
Earn Your Master's Degree
In your area one night a week OR online.
Instructional Leadership Master's
Talented and Gifted Education Master's
Teaching English as a Second Language Master's
Special Education Master's
Want to learn more about these programs and how to apply?
Click here to see a schedule of upcoming information meetings.
Entire Program Conducted In or Near Your School
- Des Moines
- Cedar Falls
- Iowa City
- Entire program conducted in or near your school
- Classes meet one night a week, same night for the entire program
- No weekend classes
- 2 year completion time, including breaks
- Finish one courses every 8 weeks
- Course make-up options available if scheduling conflicts occur
- No thesis required, action research project in lieu of thesis
- Online format available
Tuition Discount for Teachers
- Affordable tuition rate
- Financial aid, Stafford Loans & "pay as you go" plans available
- Student loan payments may be deferred until program completion
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness of up to $5,000 is available for teachers who teach for five years in low-income schools and meet other requirements
Accredited Quality Programs
- Buena Vista University is a non-profit university that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Approved by the Iowa Department of Education
*The repayment example set forth above is for illustrative purposes only and was calculated based on a standard amortization Federal Stafford Loan assuming a loan amount of $11,640 a payment term of 10 years and a fixed interest rate equal to 6.21%. Loan amount of $11,640 is based on the total tuition price for the Educational Leadership Master’s Program. Your total loan amount may vary based on program selection. The loan calculator used in this example is available at www.finaid.org. It is your responsibility to verify your eligibility by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. All loans are subject to federal student aid guidelines. The actual interest rate may change periodically based on federal regulations. If you elect to defer payments until graduation, loan interest may accrue during deferment.